Mumbai, 30th March 2023: The Mumbai High Court on Thursday quashed the complaint filed against actor Salman Khan in connection with the allegation of assaulting a journalist. “All are equal before the law. Whether an actor or a journalist – everyone has to follow the law,” the court commented last week. Also, the court reserved its decision on the appeal filed by Salman against the order of the lower court. A single bench of Justice Bharti Dangre on Thursday allowed the appeal filed by Salman. The complaint against him was also cancelled.
Local journalist Ashok Pandey had filed a complaint in the Andheri court alleging that Salman and his bodyguard Nawaz Shaikh abused and beat Salman for trying to film him while he was cycling. Taking cognizance of this complaint, the court summoned Salman and his bodyguard and ordered them to appear on 5th April. Salman and his bodyguard had approached the High Court against this decision. Meanwhile, before reserving its decision on Salman’s plea, the court pointed out the discrepancy between the information given by Pandey when he lodged a complaint with the police during the argument and later when he complained to the magistrate. Pandey had said that Salman grabbed his phone while filing a complaint with the police, but in the complaint before the magistrate, Pandey had said that he had beaten him up. The court also questioned Pandey’s stance of filing a complaint after two months. The court also said the magistrate did not follow the legal process while summoning Salman.