Pune: Disabled Worker Dies In Godown Fire In Hadapsar

pune fire
Share this News:

Hadapsar, 14th November 2021: A disabled worker, who was sleeping in the godown, died due to suffocation after the warehouse in the Sadesatranali locality of Hadapsar caught fire early morning.

The fire brigade had to work hard to control the fire. After three hours of effort, the fire was contained. The cause of the fire could not be ascertained.

The deceased has been identified as Raju Bhimsen Kale (52), a resident of Sadesatranali. He had artificial legs.

Citizens noticed smoke coming from the warehouse around 3 am. They immediately informed the fire brigade. Hadapsar fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot. By then the fire had engulfed the whole godown.

The fire spread easily as the 8000 sq ft facility contained wooden materials as well as cloth and plastic related to event decorations. With the help of eight fire trucks, the jawans started trying to control the fire.

The fire was brought under control at around 6.30 am. However, as the fire was raging, cooling work was carried out till 3 pm. After the fire was contained, the fire brigade found one body. The person concerned was identified as a warehouse worker.