Pune: MIT To Impose A Fine Of Rs 500 to 1000 Per Day In Case Of Overdue Of Fee Payment, Admission Will Also Be Cancelled From MIT College

just pune things app
Share this News:

Pune, 22nd September 2022: MIT World Peace University (WPU) is an example of how extreme commercialism has become in a sacred field like education. It is reported that students will have to pay a fine of Rs 500 to 1000 per day if the fee is overdue due to some reason.

MIT being a private university has authority over the fee structure. However, there is a threat of daily fines and cancellation of admission after some time. A circular has been issued for the students under the signature of MIT World Peace University Registrar Dr Prashant Deve. It states that if the fee is overdue, a penalty of ten per cent of the instalment will be levied on the first day.

Also Read Pune: MIT ADT University Students Falling Sick Due To Mess Food And Unhygienic Water, Officials Deny Allegations

Thereafter, a fine of Rs 500 per day will be imposed for 15 days. From the fifteenth day to the 30th day, a fine of Rs one thousand will be charged daily. Also, the student will not be allowed to sit in the class. The admission of the student will be cancelled on the 30th day.

This circular has been issued on September 13 for the students of all branches admitted to MIT. The parents of the students who are in financial trouble have been affected by this.

When contacted, MIT WPU registrar Dr Prashant Dave said, “We have already extended the date for 6 times, 17th September was the last and It was 6th extension. Almost 90% of students have paid the fee in the past extension period  remaining 10% are still pending.

We are private institution and we can’t survive, we have already given relaxations in last 2 years and now some people are misusing it, We will take strict action if those people doesn’t pay fee on time.

We have already signed undertaking with the students at the time of admission that the admission is probationary, subject of eligibility criteria and fee should be paid.

If there are any genuine cases, Medical,  bank, etc applications, we will definitely think about it and will do something. But those who are misusing it will take action against them”.

Now Also Read News In Marathi 

Join Punekar News Whatsapp GroupTelegramInstagram And Twitter  For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad

Also Read Political News On Sarkar Khabar

inifd kondhwa