Pune: MIT ADT University Students Falling Sick Due To Mess Food And Unhygienic Water, Officials Deny Allegations

Pune: MIT ADT University Students Falling Sick
just pune things app
Share this News:

Sumit Singh

Pune, 23rd September 2022: About 30 students from MIT Art, Design and Technology (ADT) University, Loni, allegedly suffered from food poisoning symptoms, including diarrhoea and vomiting, after eating food and drinking unclean water from the hostel mess.

Many were admitted to the Vishwa Raj Hospital and were released a few hours later. Officials initially denied the allegations and later blamed the civic authorities for supplying unhygienic water. Over 100 students fell ill after consuming mess food in the institute in 2018.

Dr Mahesh Chopade, the registrar of MIT ADT University, told PunekarNews.in, “30 girls had minor symptoms of food poisoning. Their condition is stable now. They had eaten outside on Sunday, which was a holiday. Also, in the area outside the campus, there was some issue with the quality of drinking water.”

According to a student at the institute, one to two weeks ago, students had complained about the water and were told that something was wrong with the water pipe and the water filter. They were also told that tank water would be brought to the hostel, which would be passed through the filter and then supplied. However, the student further claimed that, even then, the water was not very good. He further explained that as the course is residential, students cannot leave the hostel.

Ayush Prasad, CEO of Pune Zilla Parishad, said, “Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Police have the power to take any action as they have not served food outside of the premises.”

Talking about the quality of drinking water, he said that in the rainy season, water quality becomes better in rural areas as the contaminated water gets flushed out. “All the colleges and institutes should have mandatory filter water, or they should have the facility of boiled water,” he explained.

Senior Police Inspector Dattatray Chauhan, incharge of Loni Kalbhor Police Station, said he personally visited the institute and is aware of the incident. According to him, the incident happened last Sunday in which only two girls and four boys were minorly affected as they had some outside food. Symptoms were stomach pain and then vomiting. He denied the patient count of 30, which Punekar News reported and which is also confirmed by the university.

FDA Assistant Commissioner Pune Bhujbal said, “We have sent the Food inspector and team for inspection. A report is awaited.”

Now Also Read News In Marathi 

Join Punekar News Whatsapp GroupTelegramInstagram And Twitter  For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad

Also Read Political News On Sarkar Khabar

inifd kondhwa