Loni Kalbhor, 21st September 2022: Over 30 students of the MIT Art, Design and Technology (ADT) University, Pune, fell ill with symptoms of food poisoning after eating in a mess on the Loni campus.
They complained of vomiting, stomach pain and nausea. However, university officials said that they had eaten food outside the campus.
When contacted, Dr Mahesh Chopade, registrar of MIT ADT University, told PunekarNews.in, “30 girls had minor symptoms of food poisoning. Their condition is stable now. They had eaten outside on Sunday which was a holiday. Also, in the area outside the campus there was some issue with the quality of drinking water.”