Pune, 15 May 2019: Gainwell Commosales Private Limited (Gainwell), the authorised dealer of Caterpillar equipment for north and east of India, Nepal and Bhutan, has been awarded LEED® (or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum, the highest level of certification, by the U.S. Green Building Council® for UNNATI, the magnificent integrated northern facility at Greater Noida. With this recognition, UNNATI has set a benchmark towards Gainwell’s efforts of sustainability by being the 1st LEED v4 BD+C: NC Platinum project in India and 2nd in Asia. UNNATI has also achieved the highest points under LEED v4 BD+C: NC at a Global Level with a score of 89 points.
The Foundation Stone of the Complex was laid by Mr. James D Umpleby, Current Chairman of Caterpillar Inc. in August 2016 and the complex was inaugurated in February 2018 with Phase-I of facilities by Mr. Thomas A. Pellette, the Then Group President of Energy and Transport Business of Caterpillar.
UNNATI is a green facility where concept, design, construction and operations are in complete harmony with nature and is built on 5.16 acre of industrial land. The facility symbolizes a unified effort for a sustainable planet and is an embodiment of Gainwell’s strong commitment to its more than 6,000 customers in northern India. UNNATI encompasses a state of the art Component Rebuild Centre (CRC), Regional Parts Fulfilment Centre, Gas Compressors and Engine Packaging Facility, multiple engine and transmission test benches for testing diesel and gas engines, a modern training centre, new and rental equipment stockyard, machine overhaul workshop and an office premise.
“As we celebrate 75 years of rich experience creating infrastructure, providing mobility and serving the energy needs of the people of the country, we are proud to be recognized for our efforts to make the earth sustainable for the future” said Mr. Sunil Chaturvedi, Chairman and Managing Director, Gainwell.
“Achieving LEED certification is more than implementing sustainable practices. It represents a commitment to making the world a better place and influencing others to do better,” said Mr. Gopala Krishnan P, Regional Director, Asia Pacific and Middle East regions, GBCI at the felicitation ceremony. “Given the extraordinary importance of climate protection and the central role of the building industry in that effort, Gainwell demonstrated their leadership through their LEED certification of UNNATI. LEED v4 certification is based on stringent guidelines and I congratulate the leadership team on setting the benchmark”.
The felicitation ceremony was attended by Mrs. Meena Chaturvedi-Joint Managing Director, Gainwell, Mr. Gaurav Mukhija -Regional Manager, GBCI, along with Mr. Ashok B. Lall-Building Architect and Designer, Mr. Akshay Shethi-Director, Stellar Group of Companies and other members of Gainwell and Caterpillar community.
UNNATI Sustainable Features
- Truss reinforced concrete panels – 3 times better than conventional brick wall (thermal performance)
- Green roof provides insulation & reduces storm water run-off
- Double glazed windows – 3 times better than single glazed windows (thermal performance)
- Daylight sensors &occupancy sensors to switch on lights only if required
- Horizontal shading &light shelf to reduce direct sun & glare
- Radiant cooling system – 30% better than conventional water cooled HVAC system
- Efficient lighting design – 66% more efficient than conventional lighting system
- Renewable energy system – 100 kW Solar PVs dedicated to office energy use
- 40% of annual energy consumption of office block
- Low flow fixtures – 40% more efficient than conventional water fixtures
- 30% more water savings from STP treated water used in flushing, irrigation, & cooling tower
- Rainwater harvesting system – 100% rainfall volume captured and harvested on site
- 30% extra fresh filtered air
- 100% native vegetation permeable pavers
- Segregation of waste at source organic waste compost
- No smoking campus
- Green Transport – bicycle parking, reserved parking for car pool, EV charging point