Four Minor Girls Reached Mumbai To See The Beach, Pune Police Rescue Them After Kidnapping Case Registered

warje malwadi police station
Share this News:

Friyana Munshi

Pune, January 12, 2021: Four minor girls, aged 12 to 16, tired of the lockdown due to Coronavirus pandemic, wanted to visit Mumbai’s beaches. However, a case of kidnapping was registered in the case after they left the house without telling anyone on Sunday. 

Warje Malwadi Police Station’s Police Inspector (Crime) Amrit Marathe and his team traced the girls within four hours in Mumbai and handed them over to their parents.

According to police, a 12-year-old girl, two 13-year-old girls, and a 16-year-old girl were living in the Mhada colony area of Warje Malwadi. The younger three girls are currently studying and the 16-year-old has dropped out of school. The girls, who were bored at home due to the corona lockdown, wanted to see the beach in Mumbai. For the last month, they had been thinking of how to get to Mumbai. In addition, two girls showed their willingness to sell their anklets. They came to the city and sold their anklets at the Sonya Maruti Chowk in Raviwar Peth. They collected four to five thousand rupees and decided to leave the house. On Sunday (January 10) in the afternoon, all four of them went out of the house with bags to travel to Mumbai


After a few hours when the girls did not return home, their parents started searching for them. However, they did not return even after 8 pm, so they finally approached the Warje Malwadi Police Station. Considering the seriousness of the incident, the police, under the guidance of their superiors, filed a case in this regard. After that, the police got the location of the mobile from the girls and found out that the girls were in the Wadgaon area.

Accordingly, the squad was dispatched to Wadgaon Maval. As the girls might have been going to Mumbai, the Mumbai CSMT Railway Police, Mumbai Control room was informed about the girls. After that, Inspector Marathe sent photos and descriptions of the girls through WhatsApp.  

Meanwhile, as per the description given by Inspector Marathe, the four girls were immediately detained by the police as they arrived at the CSMT station around 3.30 am. After informing Inspector Marathe about this, they immediately sent Sub-Inspector MS Bhoi of the police station and a team with him to bring the girls. The girls were brought safely from Mumbai to the police station and handed over to their parents. 

The action was taken under the guidance of the DCP (Zone 3) Pournima Gaikwad and Senior Inspector of Police Shankar Khatke.

How did they reach Mumbai?

With the money, the girls received by selling their anklets in Sonya Maruti Chowk, all four minor girls left the house with bags. They went to Panvel by bus from Swargate. They took another bus from Panvel to Dadar. From there, they got into a train to the CSMT railway station.