The South Indian Bank Ltd., a premier Commercial Bank in India, invites applications from Indian Nationals for filling up vacancies for Probationary Officers
Eligible candidates are requested to apply ONLINE through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com.
No other means/modes of applications will be accepted. Before the registration, candidates are requested
to ensure that there is a valid email id in his/her name.
A) IMPORTANT DATES
Online Application – Start Date 19.06.2019
Online Application – End Date 30.06.2019
Online Test Date 25.07.2019
B) NO. OF VACANCIES 160
The number of vacancies is provisional and may vary according to the actual requirements of the Bank.
C) PLACE OF POSTING
The candidates may be posted anywhere in India at the sole discretion of the Bank.
Educational Qualification X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60% marks under regular course.
Age (as on 30.06.2019) Not more than 25 years. Candidate should be born not earlier than 01.07.1994 and not later than 30.06.2000 (both days inclusive).
Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates.
• Candidates who are meeting the requisite educational qualification only will be eligible to apply.
• Candidate should have passed X, XII and Graduation under regular course (full time course) from
a recognised University/ Institute recognised by the Govt. of India. Educational qualification by
mode of distance education will not be considered.
• Candidates who have attended their Final Year/ Semester Examination of their Graduation and
waiting for the results may also apply subject to the condition that they should produce proof (final
year/ semester marklist/ Provisional Certificate) of having passed the Graduation when called for
• If Grade/ CGPA is awarded instead of marks, only candidates securing CGPA/ Grade equivalent to
60% or more may apply. Equivalent percentage should be mentioned at the time of application.
• Those who have scored less than 60% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the
nearest integer is not allowed. (for e.g. 59.99 % cannot be rounded off to 60 % )
• The percentage of marks shall be arrived by dividing the total marks obtained in all the subjects in
all the semester(s)/ year(s) by the total maximum marks in all subjects irrespective honours/
optional/ additional optional subject, if any.
E) PROBATION PERIOD
The period of probation is 2 years. Confirmation will be subject to satisfactory performance during the
period of probation.
IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 – 42020 plus DA, HRA &
other allowances. Eligible for performance linked incentive applicable to Scale I officers as per the scheme
G) JOB PROFILE
The selected candidates can be posted in any roles/ profiles at any branches/ offices/ departments as
per the sole discretion and requirements of the Bank from time to time.
The job role/ profile include branch banking, credit, business development, marketing, forex, treasury,
central processing centres etc.
G) MODE OF SELECTION
Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
• Initial shortlisting will be done based on the marks scored in the Online Test
• Final Selection will be based on the consolidated marks obtained for Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
• Bank reserves the right to make required modifications in the selection process considering the number of applications for the post.
H) APPLICATION FEE*
General Category Rs. 800/-
SC/ST category Rs. 200/-
*excluding GST and other applicable charges
Candidates meeting the stipulated norms only need to apply for the post. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded in any case.
I) HOW TO APPLY
Click on the following link for all details