Pune, 2nd July 2021: A fire broke out in Sheetal Restaurant and Bar at Bhapkar Chowk on Pune-Satara Road on Friday morning. The fire damaged all the materials and utensils in the hotel.
Firefighters contained the blaze in less than an hour. The possibility of a fire due to a short circuit has been expressed.
Around 8.45 am, citizens saw smoke coming from the restaurant and informed the Pune fire brigade. Two fire engines and a tanker arrived at the scene. The fire was contained within an hour. The nine cooking gas cylinders kept outside the hotel were quickly removed, averting disaster. Fireman Ajit Shinde, who was off-duty and going to Alandi, helped in controlling the fire.
A team under the guidance of Deputy Chief of Fire Brigade Sunil Gilbile, Subhash Jadhav, Bala Mandavkar, Jawan Rahul Nalawade, Vasant Bhilare, Bharat Wadkar, Pratik Shirke and others doused the fire.Follow Punekar News: