Pune, February 12, 2021: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti i.e. Shiv Jayanti is celebrated on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
The festival is widely celebrated on February 19 across Maharashtra. Considering the contagious nature of the COVID-19 and the spread of the virus this year, the State government has decided to celebrate Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti on February 19, 2021, in a simple manner.
The guidelines issued by the Maharashtra government are as follows:
1. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was born on February 19, 1630, at Shivneri fort, many followers of his followers visit the fort, and a few people visit at midnight on February 18 to celebrate Shiv Jayanti. However, this year, the government has appealed to everyone to avoid gathering in a crowd and celebrate in a simple manner.
2. On Shiv Jayanti, various programmes are organized all over Maharashtra. But this year, cultural events like Powadas, songs, plays, etc., should be telecasted or shown online so that fewer people will come together and avoid a crowded situation.
3.The government has not permitted bike rallies and processions this year. Instead, around 100 people can be present for the wreath-laying ceremony organized for a statue or image of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, maintaining social distancing.
4. On the day of Shiv Jayanti, the groups should organize health-related activities like blood donation camps or awareness programmes for spreading information about diseases like COVID-19, malaria, dengue, etc, and inform people regarding their preventive measures as well as hygiene.
5. When organizing health-related activities, all the COVID-19 preventive protocols should be followed.
6. To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the rules prescribed by the Government Relief, Rehabilitation, Health, Environment, and Medical Education Departments as well as the concerned municipal corporation, police administration, and local administration should be strictly followed.
The State government also said that if any other instructions or protocols are issued after this circular and in the period between the commencement of the actual festival, they should also be complied with.Follow Punekar News: