Maharashtra: 6 Omicron Covid Positive Patients Reported In Pune Today
Pune, 17th December 2021: As per the report given by National Institute of Virology today, 8 more patients were
found to be infected with Omicron in the state. Out of these, 6 patients are from Pune, 1 patient is from Mumbai and 1 patient is from Kalyan Dombivali.
Till date, a total of 40 patients infected with Omicron virus have been reported in the state (Mumbai-14, Pimpri Chinchwad-10, Pune (rural)-6, Pune Municipal Corporation-2, Kalyan Dombivali-2, Osmanabad-2, Latur -1, Buldhana-1, Nagpur-1, and Vasai Virar-1).
Out of these, 25 cases have been discharged following a negative RT PCR test.
Information of 8 patients diagnosed with Omicron today:
- All these laboratory samples were taken in the first week of December
- All 8 patients are men
- Age group – 29 years to 45 years
- Symptoms – 7 patients are asymptomatic, 1 patient having mild symptoms.
- According to preliminary information, 4 patients from Pune have a history of travel to
Dubai, 2 are their contacts.
- One patient from Mumbai had travelled to USA and the other patient from KDMC had travelled to Nigeria.
- Out of these 8 patients, 2 are in hospital and 6 are at home isolation.
- The close contacts of these patients are being tracked.
- All patients have been vaccinated
- Out of these, 7 patients have been vaccinated and one has not been vaccinated.
Join Punekar News Whatsapp Group, Telegram, Instagram And Twitter For Regular Update about Pune City And Pimpri-Chinchwad
To Download PEO Privilege App click on this link https://t6kq7.app.goo.gl/zpka